Holdfire is a non-combustible foam that is pumped into the floor cavity to give fire resistance to timber floors.
Holdfire is fully tested to meet British Standards criteria and is approved by the authorities to give fire resistance of 1 hour.
Holdfire is mixed on site into a foam, which is then pumped into the space between floorboards and ceiling. It sets hard to form a lightweight honeycomb infill which bonds itself to the rough sides of the joints and is further held in place by installed metal brackets.
The system only requires working from the upper surface so that all existing ceilings remain intact. There is no disruption from the underside.
Access to the cavity is achieved by lifting floor boards at one metre intervals.
- Existing ceiling, coving and fittings retained.
- Installed in one operation.
- Completely out of sight.
- Quick to install.
- Minimum disruption – only a few floorboards per room need to be lifted.
- No work required in ground floor rooms.
- No need for re-plastering.
- May be installed while property is occupied.
- Fully tested and approved.
- On completion of the installation a Certificate of Supply will be issued by the Approved Contractor.